How can I delete extremely evasive files without factory reset?

Miyakutsune

Mar 15, 2019
Visit site
Under settings/storage it says I have 1.34 GB in my downloads folder. When I use (My Files) app it shows nothing, yes, show hidden files is checked.

I download 3rd party apps (Disk Usage and Solid explorer) Disk usage found the files but could not delete them, Solid explorer said "error file does not exist" when I tried deleting them but I know they do exist and are driving me insaine. I tried downloading these 1080P nature videos each 1 hour long. For some reason I now can't delete them and most apps can't see them but my settings and android does indeed detect them.

My android information is Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 - Android Version 5.02

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
To clarify, you did have videos in that folder, you deleted those videos, but it still shows that space being used? If so, go into the app you used to delete those files and see if it has any sort of recycle bin function. Android doesn't have that by default, but some apps (including custom OEM apps) may have one that you can access. You may find those files are being held there, which will likely auto empty after a certain amount of time unless you manually delete them from the recycle bin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995