I have an old android max that is company owned. They installed outlook on the phone so I can receive work emails. What I need to know is what else can they access on the phone? I was told that with the outlook installation it allowed them to access, call, texts, pictures and personal email accounts. Is this true?
    03-15-2019 09:00 AM
    Depends on the security policy that came with the account. The app itself doesn't allow it, but once the corporate account is added, certain permissions must be granted depending on your company policy. This can include access to all of what you stated, although it is usually not used to actually access your files but to be able to remotely wipe the device data should it get stolen or the user is no longer authorized to access company data.

You can check what is accessed and what the account policy is in the Device Administrators (you'll see Outlook there) in your phone's settings. Usual policies enforced as well with these accounts are secure lock enforcement, disabling automatic unlocks like SmartLock, etc.
    kct1975 likes this.
    03-15-2019 09:10 AM