my daughter has this phone that she bought online (most likely from US) she dropped it in the toilet and it was dead. I replaced the motherboard with from a dealer on ebay that was for the same model. I had a bit of a time to connect to Bell mobility in Canada and it seems to be working fine. However i cannot change the voicemail number from *86 to mine. Was wondering if there is a fix for this
    03-15-2019 11:52 AM
    Just delete the Verizon voicemail contact, and create a new contact with the correct voicemail access number.
    03-15-2019 12:17 PM
    this was me that posted this question..i tried to delete the *86 form the voicemail settings but it wouldn't let me change it. I tried putting in my phone number and it won't let me change it
    03-15-2019 01:30 PM
    this was me that posted this question..i tried to delete the *86 form the voicemail settings but it wouldn't let me change it. I tried putting in my phone number and it won't let me change it
    Welcome to the forums. How are you accessing it? In my phones, I have a contact listing for various Verizon numbers that I can delete. I can also create a custom contact to dial in to another voice mail service if need be. Verizon also has "Visual Voicemail," which is an app that dials in and gives you a user interface to interact with it. If you're using that, that is proprietary to Verizon. You'd need to either use another app to access Bell's system (I wouldn't know if something like that even exists), or dial into it like a traditional voicemail system.
    03-15-2019 01:40 PM
    my voice mail service says "my carrier" and i'm pretty sure is still is verision as i keep getting voicemail from *86 when i restart my phone. the only way i can remove that voicemail message is to delete both phone application version 1.0.0 in and i leave the one that describes my phone with my android version. i don't see any app like visual voicemail on here and a person at the bell center created a contact for voicemail but when i try to use that contact in the voicemail settings still get "error voice mail change number unsuccessful
    03-15-2019 02:00 PM
    I'm not sure what else to suggest, but I did forward this to some other members that may have more experience with this sort of issue. Hopefully one of them, or other members, have some better answers for you.
    03-15-2019 02:44 PM
    Thanks i was told the motherboard was unlocked and it did pick up LTE here in canada for the bell network but Verizon stuff still on it and i did not do anyhting to it to remove verizon..it still starts up looking for a verizon sim card so i disable activation agent to remove that..other than voicemail phone works ok
    03-15-2019 08:05 PM