Smart Divert

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just got a ZTE Sapphire. Have app smart divert. No option to force stop or disable. Keeps running & using data. Also Duo app also. Never set up account but no option to uninstall or disable & it keeps running & using data & the same with Email app. Please help. I know nothing about smartphone

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Smart Divert sounds like a call forwarding feature, and is likely specific to your carrier. Who's your carrier? If you can't disable the app, you can see if there's an option to restrict its data usage.

Duo shouldn't be using much data if you never use it. Are you sure you're looking at the mobile data being used, or are you looking at how much storage the app takes up?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In the icons above the textg input - 2 globes, one with a little red at the lower right. The next one is a picture. click on that, choose the computer, browse to the picture, select the picture, then Upload.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What if you go to Settings>Apps, select Duo, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data -- and then don't open it again? Does it still use data?

Are you actually using the Email app to sync your email accounts? If so, it will clearly use data as it syncs your data intermittently.

Lisa Lambert

Mar 13, 2019
Visit site
-My carrier is Sprint.
-Qlink wireless
-ZTE 3001S (Sapphire)
-Android V: 7.1.1
Just got my phone about 5 weeks ago cause my ZTE Tempo Max was taken, momentarily, and brought back to me hacked but in a way that I didn't know for a few days (that's a tale to tell another time)
I did a lil homework so yes I deleted All storage on Duo app. And a few times as soon as I exited to the listing of apps page, I would go back into storage & there would be new cache amount, more app/data it sometime would show around 100KB used & 1% memory in 1 day. Only time it stops for real is when I'm in Safe Mode (just realized that tonight).
After phone hacked ,so unnoticeably well, I'm uncomfortable with anything doing anything on my phone that I I I have tried to stop. Even used the suggestion of going into Duo & deleting my account, which I never did. Anytime I try to do this my screen reads:
"We are unable to complete your request to delete your Duo account. Please check your connection and try again"
Sorry but that is kinda freaky.
I'm sleepy but have even more questions????
Ex. (Why & how do defaults get set? And permission to open links even ones that read like this:
*go*ogl*.com.?
How is my wifi coming on in day & when I'm asleep but I have wifi OFF, automatically connect OFF, no networks SAVED? Why does my Bluetooth turn on at times?
As u can probably tell, I'm a bit freaked & a lil scared because of past experiences.
Thanks again for all your help & suggestions. I'll report back the results. I hope I replied to everyone...lol

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to Settings>Accounts, select Duo, then Remove Account.

Many apps these days will do a small amount of data syncing over time. 100 Kb is an exceedingly small amount of data. You'll give yourself way too much grief if you worry about small amounts of data like this, unless you have an extremely limited data plan.

Regarding your wi-fi and Bluetooth turning on -- use the system settings search and search for "Scanning." Turn off Wi-fi and Bluetooth scanning (which are used to improve location accuracy).

If you use your Email app for any email accounts at all, then the app will always use some data to sync the accounts. That's very normal behavior. If it didn't sync, then you wouldn't know when you received new emails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez