I got the software update for Android Pie recently and finally got PiP to work with streaming video. However, in the past week PiP seems to have stopped working.

Most of the time I am using Netflix. I have the permission turn on for Netflix, and cleared the cache. But when I open another app from my notifications, or view the home screen, Netflix disappears into the background and there is no PiP window continuing the video. I tested it with YouTube and the same thing will happen - YouTube will not play in PiP either.

Is there anything else I can do to restore PiP to the working order it was in before?
    03-16-2019 09:46 PM
    Pie made a lot of changes in settings set up, took me two hours of exploration to finally have the device running how I want it to run. There are new features, and some older ones have been blended together..
    Go through your settings thoroughly and you might find the answers you seek
    03-16-2019 10:08 PM
    Pie made a lot of changes in settings set up, took me two hours of exploration to finally have the device running how I want it to run. There are new features, and some older ones have been blended together..
    Go through your settings thoroughly and you might find the answers you seek
    OP here. After the update, I spent a few days tweaking everything to the way I wanted it. Just to be clear about the timeline: the update happened, PiP began performing as it should afterwards, over 1 month later (within the past week) PiP sudden stops working.

At that point, I made sure all my apps were updated, confirmed permissions for PiP are on, cleared the cache for Netflix, checked for another system update (there isn't one), but still have not been able to correct the issue.
    03-17-2019 09:39 AM