Hi,
    I have a Lenovo P2 running Lineage 14.1
    I thought I'd have a look at a few other custom ROMs and I've installed three now, Lineage 15, AICP, and one other who's name escapes me just now.
    The installs seem to go okay using TWRP. After reboot I get a message "To start Android, enter your password". The phone then immediately shuts off and reboots back to TWRP. It has done this with all three different ROMs that I've tried. I can restore my original Lineage 14.1 with no problem.
    What's going on? I'm sure it's something simple but I'm damned if i can work it out.
    Many thanks in advance for any help.
    Cheers, Simon.
    03-20-2019 05:51 AM
    Boot order is Android, recovery, bootloader. If there's something unbootable about Android (the ROM you installed), the phone will boot to TWRP, since that's now what's in the recovery partition. If anything happens to TWRP, it will boot into the bootloader. (Where, at least, you can reinstall TWRP.) It's only when it won't boot into anything that you have a problem. (I assume you have a full backup - system and data - of 14.1, kept somewhere off the phone, so you can always restore to that until you get 15 or something else running.)

As the instructions say, if you have a problem with 15:

"If you have any questions or get stuck on any of the steps, feel free to ask on our subreddit or in #LineageOS on freenode." I'm sure mikeioannina and highwaystar_ru have had that happen during development, so they'd be able to help you. And remember, it's still in nightly status, so, even though some people have reported success, if you look at post 2535, you'll see that someone else has the same problem. (And remember, this is for the P2a42 Intl variant. If you have a different variant, that could be the problem - the ROM isn't for your phone.)

As far as the other ROM, since I don't know what it is, I can't even guess what the problem might be.
    03-20-2019 02:03 PM