when i press the microphone or say hi google it tells me, when it's safe, first tap the notification then you can use the google assistant while driving.
    What notification do I tap and it happens when I'm not even driving.
    03-23-2019 07:11 PM
    I've been having this bug when using my headset, so it's not just an Android Auto issue. Try going into your phone's app manager, find the Google app, then select to manage storage, then clear all data. That fixes it for me, but not always for long. I've been dealing with this off and on for a few months now, and this is the only thing I've found so far that takes care of this error.
    03-23-2019 07:29 PM
    I had something similar. My phone kept waking up while it was in my pocket and saying "When its safe you'll first need to tap the notification. Then, you can let headsets work with the Google Assistant."

It was extremely annoying, and sometimes embarrassing, when I was talking to someone and my phone started repeating that same phrase over and over again while we are trying to talk. It would happen even when there were no notifications on the screen and no headset attached to the phone. And I always have my phone in a case, which keeps the side buttons from being hit.

I've spent hours searching online for an easy way to disable it, but the only way to get rid of this annoying bug was to go into Settings, Apps, select the "Google" app, and click the Disable button. It warns you that certain things may not work if you disable it, but you can safely ignore that warning. The only things that really stop working are the Google app itself and the Google Assistant. After living a few weeks without them, I can say they are easy to live without. It's much better than having a phone constantly draining the battery, interrupting conversations, and making people stare at you when your phone randomly starts talking in your pants pocket.
    11-22-2019 03:38 PM