Hello everyone and thanks in advance for any help.

Two weeks ago I brought the note 9 and I was wondering if I should factory reset after these updates I’ve had 4 now.

I read on here someone say something about delete cache
    I’m wondering what cache I’ve not got a pc so can’t do a backup so I’m unsure what to do.

Any advice would be great, I used to have android but went over to iOS now I’m back ....
    03-24-2019 07:01 AM
    1. Make sure all your sync functions (in your Google account on the phone) are enabled. At least some things will get backed up.

2. If you aren't having problems, don't reset anything.

3. Clearing the cache doesn't reset things, it just reclaims storage that an app (or Android) didn't. (If you use the Home button when you're finished with an app, all you're doing is running the UI, you're not closing the app. When you shut the phone off, or restart it, anything the app had cached stays there - the app never got a chance to clear unneeded stuff.)

You can clear the apps' caches in Apps in Settings. (Don't clear the app's data, only the cache.)
    You can clear Android's cache in Recovery. (Again, don't clear the data, just the cache.)

If you do a factory reset, anything you've added to the phone will be wiped - it will be like when it came out of the box - plus the updates. So if you've saved anything, installed apps, etc., you'll lose them.

And for "off phone" backup, you can always use an SD card (or a thumb drive and OTG cable).
    03-24-2019 01:08 PM
    Thank you so much, I will look at the cache thing cheers x
    03-25-2019 06:47 PM