When I get a group message it shows in the drag down screen as the person who sent it. How do I respond to the group chat directly and not to the individual person without having to use message+, going to the message app, or a different app.
    Thanks
    03-25-2019 12:15 AM
    It is the person sending the message who is controlling how your response goes out when you reply to their message. There is nothing you can do except to ask them to change their setting. When group messages are sent the sender has the option to send the messages as an MMS which then sends the message to all people in the group and they are all tied to the group message. That's when you see all of the group members listed on the message. If a member of the group has elected to send group messages as individual messages they go out as SMS and everyone gets what may appear to be a personal message from the individual, and replies to that message only go to that individual, even if they sent the message from a group conversation. You'll usually see people complain that they are getting messages outside of the group conversation when this happens and the messages probably won't show up in the group conversation from that person. If I were you and it was that important then I would make a request in the group that everyone check their settings so that messages go out as MMS that way all replies stay in the group and incoming messages can be replied to in the group format.
    03-25-2019 01:10 AM
    When I get a group message it shows in the drag down screen as the person who sent it. How do I respond to the group chat directly and not to the individual person without having to use message+, going to the message app, or a different app.
    Thanks
    Are you saying that if you reply from the notification bar the message goes only to the sender, but if you reply from the full app then the message goes to the group?

If that is the case, there is a bug in the messaging app and you should notify the app's developer. In the meantime you can try a different messaging app that does not have that problem.
    03-25-2019 04:03 PM