How can I uninstall the latest update?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I downloaded the new update and I don't care the technical updates, I hated it. My phone looks ridiculous. Looks like a kid doodled it. If I wanted a different look I'd download something specifically for that. Not easy to use for me. I need to search and scroll more for to do simple things like posting something on Instagram or to sending and email. I need to search for the apss that I use daily. I am a visual person and changing the appearance of icons make my life harder.

LayLay1991

Mar 26, 2019
Visit site
What phone do you have? I have the Galaxy Note 9 and it updated randomly on it's own and I hate it Also. Only 4 apps will go into the fullscreen mode not any of the apps will that are already downloaded when you purchase the phone new. The display of everything is just terrible.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't uninstall an update (the update becomes part of Android, so you'd have to uninstall android, which would turn the phone into a paperweight).

You can find an icon set for the previous version and install that, if your launcher takes icon sets (or install a launcher that does), or you can back up everything, flash the last version of Android, root, disable updating and restore the backup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol