Can we make volume up/down buttons control the volume of notification sounds [Galaxy Note 8]

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hey all. :)

I'm trying to find a super quick method for changing the volume of notification sounds on the Galaxy Note 8 (One UI).

I rarely watch videos or listen to music but on the rare occasion that I do there's always volume control within the app that I'm using anyway.

I rarely need to adjust the ringtone or system volume so I thought that setting the physical volume up/down buttons to adjust the notifications volume (instead of media or ringtone) would be very handy... but unfortunately my Google searches did not find any instructions on how to set it up that way, or if it's even possible.

Another thought was to try and find a way to have all four volume sliders appear on-screen when you press the physical volume keys instead of just one slider.

And it'd be great if you could change which one of the on-screen volume sliders is at the top.

The absolute last resort would be to use an app. However, I try to avoid the 'just use an app' situation, but that might be the only way.... but there's probably not an app for such a niche area. Anyway, all you need to do is press the volume key, swipe down to reveal the notification volume slider and slide away. But I'd find it much easier to use the keys instead.

There's also a chance that I'm totally overthinking things and that there's something obvious staring me right in the face! :D

But if anyone has suggestions or even a way to make it do what I want I'd be very grateful for your input.

Many thanks in advance. :)

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
I obviously wasn't logged in when I created the above post.

I really want to repost it so that it's registered as my thread but I also don't want to have two identical threads foating around wasting peoples time.

Arrrgh.... ?? What do I do?? :D