My S4 blew up, shorted out or something. I needed a new phone, so bought an S9+. Everything seems to have synced except my calendar items. I mainly used an app that was not Google's calendar, but I cannot remember what it was called or where I got it. Seems like the icon looked very much like Google's calendar but a different color like green or something. I've tried to restore from Verizon cloud, but the data I received was limited to a year or so and from 2012! Can anyone help?
    03-28-2019 09:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's not the calendar app itself that's important -- it's which account the calendar events you entered were being saved to. If you saved them to your Google account, then they would've been synced to your Google Calendar account in the cloud, which would then easily sync to any other device that's logged into the same Google account. This is why I always recommend that people save events to this account, and not the local Phone account -- that one doesn't sync anywhere, and if you never backed it up manually, those events were lost when the phone failed.
    03-28-2019 10:17 PM