I've got a blackberry dtek60 and I have been experiencing some anomalies listening to music.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The sound continuously stutters. Extremely annoying. I had it restored to its factory settings. Even then the problem persisted.
I got a ram cleaner app on my phone. It seems to fix the problem for a couple of minutes and then as I open other apps, it's all the same again. I have tried turning off USB routing on developer options. I appreciate any help I can get

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The safe mode option does not appear on the menu.

Just to be sure you're following the steps correctly:

1. Press the Power button as if you want to shut the phone off completely
2. When you see the various power options, press and hold the "Power Off" option on the screen (not the Power button itself).
3. Now do you see the Safe Mode information?

Napalm99

Mar 29, 2019
Visit site
I rebooted in safe mode. The problem is still there. What I noticed is that it seems to happen with high quality(320) music. It's the same with different music players. I'm really grateful for you helping me out B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, and were you saying that you've already tested this on wired or Bluetooth headphones, or did you mean that you don't have any that you can test with? I'm trying to determine if the problem is with the phone's speaker or with the playback itself.

Also, is this only with music files saved to the phone, or also with streaming music? If it's just with saved music files, what format are the files, and are they saved to Internal Storage or the SD card?

Napalm99

Mar 29, 2019
Visit site
I've not tested the headphones on the phone. I'll do it and let you know. The music files are saved on the phone. No SD card. The files are in 320k mp3 format. It rarely happens with lower quality music files or video files ( either saved or streaming). I have used different music player apps and the situation is exactly the same

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sure seems like it's a speaker issue. But you said that music files at a lower bitrate play smoothly over the speakers? That would argue against it.