I bought a new gionee m5 plus but I have two major challenges with the phone 1st most of the apps is written with Chinese language, I have tried changing it to English but few changed but most remained in Chinese secondly when I put the phone on, it will off itself. Put it on again after few minutes, it will go off again. What should I do considering that I bought it from jumia and seven days for possible return has passed
    03-30-2019 03:04 PM
    The screen switches off, or the phone powers off?
    03-30-2019 05:02 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The phone was clearly intended for the Chinese market, hence the system/preinstalled apps being predominantly in Chinese. If those apps don't give you the option to change the language, you can't do much with them. Changing the system language in the system settings won't help if the apps don't have an option to display in other languages.

When you say it turns off on its own, do you mean the screen goes to sleep, or the phone powers down completely? If it's powering off completely, then it could be a problem with the battery or the motherboard. Even though you're past the return window, it's still worth contacting the seller to see what options you have.
    03-30-2019 05:04 PM