Text messaging no longer displays Mobile or Home phone number when selecting from contacts in latest S8 update April 2019. Results in sending text to landlines. Major nuisance. Please advise
    04-02-2019 07:18 PM
    What app are you using? There is usually an option in many popular SMS apps for displaying only contacts with mobile numbers. This is supposed to prevent messages being sent to email addresses and landlines, provided the contact was stored correctly. So you may want to look for that option. If it's a non-native app there could be compatibility issues as well but without knowing what app you're using that's hard to say. Furthermore with updates settings can get changed or set back to default so just in general you may want to skim through the settings to see if everything looks correct.
    04-02-2019 09:33 PM
    The native message app with Android does not show the type of each number (home, mobile, etc.) when selecting a contact to send a message to. When selecting a contact, all numbers for that contact show up with no indication of which is which.

Yes, you can start a text message from the contacts app, but doing group texting is a pain that way. And if you’re already in the message app, having to go back to the contacts app is annoying.

The message app should show the type of number (home, mobile, etc.) for each number that is displayed for a contact, so the right one can be picked. It used to do that, but that feature was removed for some reason. Please restore it.
    06-08-2019 10:39 AM
    The native message app with Android does not show the type of each number (home, mobile, etc.) when selecting a contact to send a message to. When selecting a contact, all numbers for that contact show up with no indication of which is which.

Yes, you can start a text message from the contacts app, but doing group texting is a pain that way. And if you’re already in the message app, having to go back to the contacts app is annoying.

The message app should show the type of number (home, mobile, etc.) for each number that is displayed for a contact, so the right one can be picked. It used to do that, but that feature was removed for some reason. Please restore it.
    Are you the OP two months later?
    06-09-2019 01:09 AM