Snap chat and Instagram do not seem to be working on my home WIFI, however my Facebook and Google do? It is rather strange. These apps do however seem to work on my 4G and other WIFI's just not my home. I have tried restarting, turning wifi on and off, re-downloading, updating software and apps, and downloading this dns changer app people are on about, but still no luck :/. Anyone any ideas on how i could solve this one? Would be much appreciated, thank you!
    04-03-2019 02:51 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you also try rebooting the router, by unplugging its power for 30 seconds? If that didn't help, see what happens if you disable IPv6 temporarily in the router settings. See this guide for other ideas: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
    04-03-2019 10:22 PM
    Hello,
    Thank you for your reply , i have tried those suggested solutions which you posted and still no luck and have also un-plugged router and plugged back in again - still no luck there. I have a vodaphone m9 lite so a few of the suggested solutions i could not locate in network settings. Other family members in the household are NOT having the same issue as me. It did work before on the home wifi but has suddenly (now for about 5-6 weeks) gone squiffy on this wifi (works on other wifi as mentioned before. I feel i may have faffed about with some settings.... maybe on the google app? (which im sure some how connects to social media apps) and have disabled or enabled something which could be causing this issue? Any thoughts on that?
    04-07-2019 04:01 AM
    Bear in mind that we don't know to what question you are referring. It's best to register as a member so that you can continue posting in the thread where help is being offered.
    04-07-2019 06:10 AM
    Try to access it with different IP. Sometimes using VPNs will resolve most of the problems. Otherwise, you have to change lots of settings in this and for this, you need step by step tutorial to do it. For your convenience, I am sharing a website that will help you.
    https://192-168-1-1ip.info/192-168-0-1/
    04-07-2019 08:38 AM
    I merged what I'm pretty sure was the first thread with the second one. It'd be best to register on this forum if you want to carry on any kind of discussion: https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    04-07-2019 02:13 PM
    Hellooo, right signed up! I'm back! Thank you for your replies, much appreciated! Does that mean access snap chat/insta with different wifi network? cuz ive done that and it both apps work fine....I have also tried using an another device (siblings phone - logging into sc/insta) and that works absolutely fine... It just does not seem to work on this devise on this home wifi.....this is very very frustrating!
    Cheers
    E.H
    04-07-2019 04:13 PM
    I have also reset my entire phone! and it still doesn't work .................................................. what a nightmare!
    04-08-2019 06:15 AM
    Do you have a lot of apps installed? It may be worth uninstalling apps one by one to see if the problem goes away. Obviously, if you have a lot of apps installed, this'll be pretty tedious. Normally, I'd suggest Safe Mode, but that won't help here since Snapchat and Instagram presumably aren't preinstalled apps.
    04-08-2019 09:33 AM
    No i reset my entire phone so didn't have any apps installed. I re-installed snap chat and instagram to see if it works and it STILL does not like this WIFI................:/
    04-11-2019 11:52 AM
    It may still be worth testing it in Safe Mode, because if you restored a backup, the phone might have started reinstalling apps automatically.
    04-12-2019 05:37 AM