i just recently got a blu energy x plus 2 and it runs android 6.0 and when i put an SD card in it asked to format it as internal storage, so i did that but now i'm not able to connect to my pc to add music on the SD card is there anyway to add music to it or can it only be used for aps now that its formatted?
    04-04-2019 11:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

Please see the following article about adoptable storage. https://www.androidcentral.com/adoptable-storage
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-04-2019 11:21 PM
    i just recently got a blu energy x plus 2 and it runs android 6.0 and when i put an SD card in it asked to format it as internal storage, so i did that but now i'm not able to connect to my pc to add music on the SD card is there anyway to add music to it or can it only be used for aps now that its formatted?
    If you look in the settings for the SD card you should be able to revert it back instead of internal storage.
    04-04-2019 11:25 PM
    If you look in the settings for the SD card you should be able to revert it back instead of internal storage.
    If you revert it back to Portable Storage, that would presumably wipe the data currently on the card, right?

To the OP: If the card was formatted as Internal Storage, that means the phone is regarding the SD card as if it were part of the phone's own Internal Storage. So if you connect your phone to your PC via USB, the phone's storage that the computer sees should be a combination of its actual internal storage and the SD card. Copying the music files to the phone should still work, and you let the phone decide where it actually stores those files.
    04-05-2019 12:38 AM
    Correct it will reformat the sd card once you move back from adoptable storage to portable.

Now the OP wants to add music from their computer to the path of the sd card which dont exist anymore because its adoptable storage, if they choose a different path in storage to save the picture it will , just cant try to save pictures to sd card while its being used as adoptable storage.
    04-05-2019 08:31 AM