I have used fingerprint to unlock my Moto Z2 Force for a long time. Now, after using the fingerprint to unlock, a "slide to unlock" screen shows up that has a clock, weather, search bar, links to "Hot Apps", "WhatsApp", "Clear RAM", etc, and an ad.

Is this something new that Google rolled out with their last app update? I didn't see anything in the release notes. I'd rather not have an extra step to unlock my phone. Kinda defeats the purpose of using the fingerprint.

How can I make this go away? (I have a screen shot, but don't know if I can post it, here).
    04-07-2019 11:26 AM
    04-07-2019 11:32 AM
    Ok. Created an account. Here's a screen shot...New Lock Screen?-screenshot_20190407-111409.jpg
    04-07-2019 11:37 AM
    Thanks! Was posting my reply as you posted yours. I'll look at that thread!
    04-07-2019 11:38 AM
    Thanks for registering. Try checking the installed apps in Play Store first, as explained in the guide. It could be the quickest way to pin the offending app.
    Thanks! Was posting my reply as you posted yours. I'll look at that thread!
    04-07-2019 11:42 AM
    Installed apps was the first place I checked. Came up blank for something like I'm seeing. I'm going to reboot the phone and check the recent services and see if that provides a clue. Ugh. This is just retarded lol

Thanks again, Javier P!
    04-07-2019 11:48 AM
    Installed apps was the first place I checked. Came up blank for something like I'm seeing. I'm going to reboot the phone and check the recent services and see if that provides a clue. Ugh. This is just retarded lol

Thanks again, Javier P!
    Remember to sort the installed apps by last used, right after getting the ad.
    04-07-2019 11:52 AM
    I don't see a "Last Used" option. Only "Alphabetical" and "Last Updated". =(
    04-07-2019 11:57 AM
    Mmmm. Maybe that option is only available after Pie, I'll check later. Try the Memory usage from Developer Options then. Take screenshots of that screen and post them here so we can take a look.
    I don't see a "Last Used" option. Only "Alphabetical" and "Last Updated". =(
    04-07-2019 12:04 PM
    Mmmm. Maybe that option is only available after Pie, I'll check later. Try the Memory usage from Developer Options then. Take screenshots of that screen and post them here so we can take a look.
    Sorry for the delay. Had to work a few hours this afternoon. This is a snap from just after a popup...New Lock Screen?-screenshot_20190407-171626.jpg
    04-07-2019 05:20 PM
    Sorry for the delay. Had to work a few hours this afternoon. This is a snap from just after a popup...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190407-171626.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	301682
    Those few apps are not enough to have an idea of what's going on. Some apps manage to hide their tracks on recent apps and running services and you need to check your memory usage screen. See what we tried on this other thread.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=952824
    04-07-2019 06:28 PM
    I found the culpret and terminated it with extreme prejudice. It was a qr code reader I had installed yesterday. Odd thing was, the app wasn't showing up in Settings --> Apps. Nor, was it showing up in my hidden apps (via Nova). I searched on the Playstore until I found the one I had installed, and removed it. A perusal of the app's reviews confirms. Bottom line, avoid "Coreader". Thanks again for your help!
    Javier P and ManiacJoe like this.
    04-07-2019 06:37 PM
    I found the culpret and terminated it with extreme prejudice. It was a qr code reader I had installed yesterday. Odd thing was, the app wasn't showing up in Settings --> Apps. Nor, was it showing up in my hidden apps (via Nova). I searched on the Playstore until I found the one I had installed, and removed it. A perusal of the app's reviews confirms. Bottom line, avoid "Coreader". Thanks again for your help!
    Excellent! Glad you managed to find the culprit and stop those annoying ads. We've had a few reports about QR code scanners pushing full screen ads. Better use the stock apps for this feature, no need to download a third party app.
    04-07-2019 06:43 PM
    This one?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ader.generator

Most reviews report the same issues you had. Please, leave your own review and help other people to avoid this kind of annoying and useless apps.
    04-07-2019 06:48 PM
    This one?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ader.generator

Most reviews report the same issues you had. Please, leave your own review and help other people to avoid this kind of annoying and useless apps.
    Yes. That's it. And, already done. =)
    Javier P likes this.
    04-07-2019 07:05 PM