NOKIA 8 Android 9 WiFi Problems

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a really strange problem. I live in Germany, my Internet provider is Telekom and the router I am using is provided by Telekom (Speedport Smart 3).
The Speedport Smart 3 offers both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi and I have given both a different SSID (Home2 / Home5)

My Internet connection works.
--TV Set-top box reciever is connected via an ethernet cable and I can watch Netflix etc...
--Laptop is connected via WiFi over 5GHz. I can surf the internet and watch Netflix for example.
--Printer is connected via WiFi over 2.4GHz and I can print documents.

My Wife and I both have Nokia 8 phones running Android 9 and both of us have problems.

Phone 1 is connected over 2.4GHz and phone 2 is connected on the 5GHz WiFi network

I am able to browse the internet using Chrome, I am able to refresh my face book feed via the Facebook App, I can update my applications using the Google play store.

However Apps such as Twitter throws an error saying no internet connection. Other apps also do not work such as my Polar Flow fitness app, Angry Birds and many more.

As soon as I switch off WiFi and use my phone Providers data plan everything works

Does anyone know what I can do to troubleshoot this issue? Would buying a repeater or a mesh network help? Can I change a setting on my phone?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I have a really strange problem. I live in Germany, my Internet provider is Telekom and the router I am using is provided by Telekom (Speedport Smart 3).
The Speedport Smart 3 offers both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi and I have given both a different SSID (Home2 / Home5)

My Internet connection works.
--TV Set-top box reciever is connected via an ethernet cable and I can watch Netflix etc...
--Laptop is connected via WiFi over 5GHz. I can surf the internet and watch Netflix for example.
--Printer is connected via WiFi over 2.4GHz and I can print documents.

My Wife and I both have Nokia 8 phones running Android 9 and both of us have problems.

Phone 1 is connected over 2.4GHz and phone 2 is connected on the 5GHz WiFi network

I am able to browse the internet using Chrome, I am able to refresh my face book feed via the Facebook App, I can update my applications using the Google play store.

However Apps such as Twitter throws an error saying no internet connection. Other apps also do not work such as my Polar Flow fitness app, Angry Birds and many more.

As soon as I switch off WiFi and use my phone Providers data plan everything works

Does anyone know what I can do to troubleshoot this issue? Would buying a repeater or a mesh network help? Can I change a setting on my phone?
To troubleshoot, start with forgetting the wifi from the phone. Turn off auto connect and wifi scanning. Then, clear the cache partition and reboot. Next, open connections and search for your network and set up as new.
If this does not work, place the phone in safe mode to see if the issue stops.
Post your result, and then we will be able to do the next thing if necessary.
Good luck.

montufar7

Jun 16, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've tried all of the above except for clearing the cache partition. I didn't manage to enter recovery mode.

I asked for technical support but they refused to give me the instructions, can you please explain to me how to do it?

My phone has been updated a couple of times already and it didn't solve the issue. I've even tried factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03