LeEco Le 2 Apps use data with data turned off

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I somewhat recently bought a Le 2 that runs on Android 6.0.1 because it was very affordable. I'm very happy with it; that is, until now. I have a very limited data plan, as I don't usually use my data outside of text messaging, so any waste is critical. The last couple of days, my phone has started draining my data plan with apps where I specifically turned data usage off. Today I was playing a game and it literally drained the remainder for the month of my data plan even though I was connected to my home wi-fi. Is there anything I can do? I don't remember that being a problem before a few days ago, and the phone in general seems to be slower (big stutters in a game that ran fluidly before), so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I have in that time frame downloaded a lot of Netflix stuff, so my storage is definitely fuller than it was, so before jumping to "VIRUS!!!" conclusions I'd rather point my finger at that. Particularly because I have not downloaded any shady apps, nothing off the app store, not used the phone to browse anything but simple google searches, and LeEco is not known to have crapware on it.

Anyway, my question is: has anybody ever had that happen? Any idea how to fix it? I don't really wanna factory reset my whole phone just for the odd chance this fixes it but obviously will try it if nobody else has any idea. It just really annoys me to have put very straightforward specifications in the Android menu and have them completely ignored by literally every app (Twitch stream continues after wi-fi is gone, Netflix loads previews of everything even when I'm on data only, etc.).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie