Hello. Yesterday my mother's phone (a motorola Moto C) received a software update notification. We updated it and it was very light with no major changes (about 51 Mb), and everything is working okay, except for the wifi connection. It connects to the wifi but there's no internet (i tried connecting to 2 different wifi networks and it happens with both of them). This is everything i've tried so far:

I turned off and on the wifi on the phone (also i put it in plane mode).

I unpluged the power of the router and i turned off the phone. Then I waitedfor a while and turned on the router and the phone.

I tried changing the IP configuration to static.

I did a network settings reset.

I deleted the cache.

I even did a Factory data reset.

None of these has worked so far. Any ideas to solve this? I'm sure it has nothing to do with hardware, since the only difference between the working and not-working states is the upgrade. It was an upgrade from the 7.0 to the 7.0 version of android with no big changes.
    04-16-2019 06:44 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Thanks for listing what you tried already.

I'll admit, I'm at a loss. I'd need some time to do some research. If I had to guess an answer, rolling back the update might be the answer. Not sure what the steps are for a Moto.
    04-16-2019 06:51 AM
    Good job on already troubleshooting. At this point I'd contact either the carrier (if it's a carrier branded version) and/or Motorola. They may have other troubleshooting steps, or even working on a fix already if it's a known bug.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    04-16-2019 06:55 AM