Uninstalling Android Pie 9.0

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I have just updated my phone (Samsung galaxy a7 2018) to the new 'pie' OS, however I really do not like it and was wondering if it can be uninstalled to the most recent OS that I had?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you comfortable backing up and restoring your data? Reverting will result in a complete wipe of the device
Are you comfortable rooting a phone? You'll need to root in order to prevent the update happening again
Are you comfortable knowing you'll never receive another security patch, even for a major vulnerability? Samsung will no longer patch Oreo for that device.
Are you comfortable with the risk that the device could be unusable if something goes wrong in the process?

ONLY if you said "YES" to every one of those questions - here's a guide to using Odin to restore a Samsung OS - https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...tock-rom-via-odin-new-interface-new-post.html

What are your issues with it? Maybe something a theme will help with? Flashing an old OS is the "nuclear" option..

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc