What would i do when my android is supported by api:3
    04-17-2019 09:53 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You'll have to give more detail than that. Which device, and which version of Android is it running? Are you getting an error message, and if so, what exactly does it say?
    04-18-2019 06:36 AM
    I have a ZTE Axon 7 which gave me warnings for the last couple of weeks about storage issues and needing to free up space. It lost power and since then has not powered up again to its normal welcome screen. Now, it is stuck in Android Recovery and will not reboot to the Welcome page. I've tried doing the full Wipe data/factory reset and this made no difference. It keeps returning to the Android Recovery screen. At the very bottom of the screen, below a large blank space, it displays the small writing in white: Supported API: 3. So I too am thinking there is something I need to understand about this message. Supported API: 3. What does it mean? What should I try to do?
    04-28-2020 11:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's standard on pretty much all devices on the Recovery Menu. See this video, for example:

My guess is that it just means the version of the Android Recovery Menu supports APIs as far back as version 3 (which is very old indeed). The real question for you is why your phone won't boot normally. In your case, it sounds like it could be either corrupt firmware or possibly a failing motherboard. You could try reinstalling the stock firmware this way: https://www.getdroidtips.com/zte-axo...e-collections/
    04-29-2020 12:07 AM
    I have a ZTE Axon 7 which gave me warnings for the last couple of weeks about storage issues and needing to free up space. It lost power and since then has not powered up again to its normal welcome screen. Now, it is stuck in Android Recovery and will not reboot to the Welcome page. I've tried doing the full Wipe data/factory reset and this made no difference. It keeps returning to the Android Recovery screen. At the very bottom of the screen, below a large blank space, it displays the small writing in white: Supported API: 3. So I too am thinking there is something I need to understand about this message. Supported API: 3. What does it mean? What should I try to do?
    In recovery it doesn't give option to reboot device?
    04-29-2020 12:21 AM
    Yes and "Reboot system now" simply arrives back at Android Recovery and doesn't as you'd expect reboot and open a welcome page.
    04-29-2020 01:08 AM
    Yes and "Reboot system now" simply arrives back at Android Recovery and doesn't as you'd expect reboot and open a welcome page.
    Try a force hold power button for 30 to 60 seconds
    04-29-2020 01:09 AM
    Hey, many thanks. I appreciate your willingness to help and suggest possibilities. I looked at the volume button after checking with and being advised by ZTE service staff, and it seems that it is a little dented in the centre, making for awkward pressing. I'm uncertain what this dent in the middle of the button might means in so far as its proper function is concerned.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-29-2020 10:21 AM
    Hey, many thanks. I appreciate your willingness to help and suggest possibilities. I looked at the volume button after checking with and being advised by ZTE service staff, and it seems that it is a little dented in the centre, making for awkward pressing. I'm uncertain what this dent in the middle of the button might means in so far as its proper function is concerned.
    So you able to get it going?
    04-29-2020 10:25 AM
    This might mean that the Volume button was damaged somehow and is constantly registering a Vol Up press. Since you have to press Power and Vol Up to boot into the Recovery Menu, that might be why this is happening. In that case, bring the phone to a repair shop and see if the Volume buttons need to be repaired.
    04-29-2020 01:17 PM