• Start date
A

Android Central Question

What would i do when my android is supported by api:3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You'll have to give more detail than that. Which device, and which version of Android is it running? Are you getting an error message, and if so, what exactly does it say?

sjamhouston

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
I have a ZTE Axon 7 which gave me warnings for the last couple of weeks about storage issues and needing to free up space. It lost power and since then has not powered up again to its normal welcome screen. Now, it is stuck in Android Recovery and will not reboot to the Welcome page. I've tried doing the full Wipe data/factory reset and this made no difference. It keeps returning to the Android Recovery screen. At the very bottom of the screen, below a large blank space, it displays the small writing in white: Supported API: 3. So I too am thinking there is something I need to understand about this message. Supported API: 3. What does it mean? What should I try to do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's standard on pretty much all devices on the Recovery Menu. See this video, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vHnLwAQi6w

My guess is that it just means the version of the Android Recovery Menu supports APIs as far back as version 3 (which is very old indeed). The real question for you is why your phone won't boot normally. In your case, it sounds like it could be either corrupt firmware or possibly a failing motherboard. You could try reinstalling the stock firmware this way: https://www.getdroidtips.com/zte-axon-7-stock-firmware-collections/

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a ZTE Axon 7 which gave me warnings for the last couple of weeks about storage issues and needing to free up space. It lost power and since then has not powered up again to its normal welcome screen. Now, it is stuck in Android Recovery and will not reboot to the Welcome page. I've tried doing the full Wipe data/factory reset and this made no difference. It keeps returning to the Android Recovery screen. At the very bottom of the screen, below a large blank space, it displays the small writing in white: Supported API: 3. So I too am thinking there is something I need to understand about this message. Supported API: 3. What does it mean? What should I try to do?
In recovery it doesn't give option to reboot device?

sjamhouston

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
Hey, many thanks. I appreciate your willingness to help and suggest possibilities. I looked at the volume button after checking with and being advised by ZTE service staff, and it seems that it is a little dented in the centre, making for awkward pressing. I'm uncertain what this dent in the middle of the button might means in so far as its proper function is concerned.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey, many thanks. I appreciate your willingness to help and suggest possibilities. I looked at the volume button after checking with and being advised by ZTE service staff, and it seems that it is a little dented in the centre, making for awkward pressing. I'm uncertain what this dent in the middle of the button might means in so far as its proper function is concerned.
So you able to get it going?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

This might mean that the Volume button was damaged somehow and is constantly registering a Vol Up press. Since you have to press Power and Vol Up to boot into the Recovery Menu, that might be why this is happening. In that case, bring the phone to a repair shop and see if the Volume buttons need to be repaired.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you read through this thread? Chances are the firmware is corrupt, or the motherboard is failing. For an old budget device like that, it's really not going to be worth rescuing. Hopefully you didn't have any really important data on it that you never backed up or synced anywhere safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech