So a couple days ago my Note 9 suddenly started doing something really wierd. When I get a call, the phone doesn't do anything but play the ringtone and show me a notification in the bar. I have drag the bar down, select the notification, and then click answer. I also noticed it's no longer showing the contact info, just the raw number with no formatting (ie 12345678980 instead of (123) 456-7890 like it normally would when reading from the contacts list. Here are some things I've noticed and tried :

1 : Bluetooth headset is still able to access my contacts and will tell me correctly who is calling even though the phone doesnt.
    2 : Happens with or without the bluetooth headset connected.
    3 : I've power cycled and done a simulated battery pull - no effect.
    4 : I've checked my contacts app and list - everything seems to be fine there (though I am missing a contact that I don't recall deleting, and I noticed that when this first started - there may be others missing too)
    5 : When I go into app settings and select the 3 dot menu to show system apps, it shows 3 identical looking phone apps. Each one has some different settings in it, but going through them, the phone is still set to "urgent" on incoming calls - and supposed to be sounding the alert and popping up full screen.

So I'm at my wits end. I can post screenshots if it will help.
    04-19-2019 01:49 PM
    Have a gander at this thread - there's an AT&T app that seems to be causing problems. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html
    04-19-2019 02:15 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you have an AT&T-branded phone, see this thread about the contact details missing -- it's probably due to the Call Protect app: https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ml#post6532112

EDIT: Whoops, hallux beat me to it!
    04-19-2019 02:25 PM