I purchased an unlocked Sprint phone to use with AT&T and everything works except opening a photo that I receive via text. I've troubleshooted with Samsung & AT&T with no resolve. Hands Free Activation keeps retrying then fails but I think it may be a Sprint option that don't work with other carriers.
    04-20-2019 02:10 AM
    I had similar issues with an unlocked device on VZW. For me the issue was with the carrier. They had to go in and refresh/restart or something my SMS service on their end. I knew this before I bought so I went straight there when it arrived. Meanwhile I've since passed that device down to my son and upon set-up he had the same issue. They again had to do the same thing to his account but then he stopped receiving pics and together we figured out that it was his app that caused the fails after they had fixed it. He was using Mood SMS, which was a good app when I tried it but the combo of that phone and that app just didn't work. So it may be on their end but it could also be you're app. Since you've already talked to them about it and they didn't seem to have an answer I'd probably try a different app or even a couple and then go back to the carrier.
    04-20-2019 02:30 AM
    Open the text message app, go to the Settings, go to Chat settings, confirm that the mms is not off or limited to a very small fetch. Good luck!
    04-20-2019 03:50 AM