Hi everyone,

Recently, all audio that’s physically on my phone is beging uploaded to my Google Play Music account: all ringtones, notifications and all my downloaded podcasts.

I cannot find how to prevent/disable this, so also don’t know how it even happened.
    I download my podcasts via Podcast Addict, but as all other audio files on my phone are being uploaded too, I think the ‘problem’ is to be found with Play Music.

PS: I have a free subscription and only listen to music that I upload myself (via my computer) or buy via Play Music.

Greetings and thanks in advance for your help!
    04-21-2019 05:59 AM
    Are these items actually uploading to Play Music (can you see them when you log in from another device?) or are they just showing in your library because they're on the device. I've found the same issue - I listen to music cached on my device when I go out for walks and I've been getting podcasts in my music mix recently. In my case - Play Music is simply finding the cached podcasts and playing those as well even though they were not cached by Play Music.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    04-21-2019 06:52 AM
    Hi Hallux,
    Thank you for the information! I have checked my library from my pc and my tablet and indeed the podcasts etc. are not found.
    Have you found a way you can disable this (the fact Play Music plays the cached audio)? I.e. letting Play Music only play its 'own' music (in the cloud). I like listen to random songs from my library but it's really annoying it's interrupted by ringtones, podcasts etc.
    04-22-2019 05:05 AM
    Welcome. I have honestly not dug into it too much. It really only started being a bigger issue when I moved to Google's Podcasts app from using Play Music for podcasts. Play Music automatically un-caches podcasts after listening, the Podcasts app is not.
    04-22-2019 06:43 AM