Apps crashing after factory reset

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So, I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 prime (32gb storage, 2gb ram) I woke up one morning and my cellphone was crazy. It keeps crashing, the apps won't respond or it'll freeze. I've been getting a lot of messages System UI has stopped working recently as well as apps stopped working.

Things I have tried:
- wipe data/cache of each app that is not working
- wipe data/cache partition
- safe mode to isolate the problematic app (I also don't believe that this is caused by a third party app as these are the same apps I use on all my previous android phones and tablets with nothing out of the ordinary)
- uninstall and install apps that are not working
- factory reset

The factory reset was my last call, it did not succeed. I download only a few apps to check if the storage might be causing the problem, it didn't work. When I open WhatsApp for example, the app stops working. Then I try to open it again, I have to wait for a few seconds, even minutes for it to open but then again when I open a chat it freezes. I have to leave the app and start over.

I don't know what to do. pls send help lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So, I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 prime (32gb storage, 2gb ram) I woke up one morning and my cellphone was crazy. It keeps crashing, the apps won't respond or it'll freeze. I've been getting a lot of messages System UI has stopped working recently as well as apps stopped working.

Things I have tried:
- safe mode to isolate the problematic app (I also don't believe that this is caused by a third party app as these are the same apps I use on all my previous android phones and tablets with nothing out of the ordinary)
- factory reset

The factory reset was my last call, it did not succeed. I download only a few apps to check if the storage might be causing the problem, it didn't work. When I open WhatsApp for example, the app stops working. Then I try to open it again, I have to wait for a few seconds, even minutes for it to open but then again when I open a chat it freezes. I have to leave the app and start over.

Have you flashed this device through Odin?

j0yce

Apr 22, 2019
Visit site
Yeah if your not familiar with it , don't want you to mess up the phone , did you download anything for the phone to start acting up like this?

Yeah. I didn't install anything. Yesterday it was working just fine. I remember it went out of battery, i plugged the charger on (it was one i don't regularly use). It took like, 2 hours to charge up to 25% of the battery. I took it off and then the crashing/freezing started.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah. I didn't install anything. Yesterday it was working just fine. I remember it went out of battery, i plugged the charger on (it was one i don't regularly use). It took like, 2 hours to charge up to 25% of the battery. I took it off and then the crashing/freezing started.
You did the factory reset before it was crashing or after?

Sara_robin79

Dec 16, 2022
Visit site

Things I have tried:
- factory reset

Did you ever solve your problem? I have the same issue and have tried all those things too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos