Bixby can't understand my name

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My last name is Longino. Bixby hears Long Juneau. To teach it I have to pick which word it got wrong. It got 2 wrong. I want to be able to telephone members of my family in my contact list using Bixby but can't until this is fixed.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
My last name is Longino. Bixby hears Long Juneau. To teach it I have to pick which word it got wrong. It got 2 wrong. I want to be able to telephone members of my family in my contact list using Bixby but can't until this is fixed.
While this answer is not specifically about Bixby...I have had similar issues with the Ford Sync in my 2013 Ford Fusion.

For example, at a previous job, my boss's last name was Chaney, but when I needed to call her from my car using the Ford Sync System, I had to tell the system...Chan-ie. Also with a friend of mine I have to slowly pronounce his last name or the Ford Sync system doesn't understand.

My guess is that you will never be able to completely retrain Bixby, so my suggestion would be to simply to remember to use Bixby's pronunciation when you are using Bixby to make a call to a family member.

I know it kind of sux, but it is really the best option for a 'work-around'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC