Best way to transfer data + settings when Google/Android backup and restore isn't an option?

adamnmurad

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I posted on something similar, but I currently have a Pixel 2 XL which runs Android 9.0 and I want to switch to a BlackBerry KEYone that runs Android 8.1 Surprisingly, you can't restore data from the Pixel to the KEYone during initial setup using the built-in functionality, since the Pixel is running a newer version of Android. (There's a note on this under "Restore backed-up data & settings" here: https://support.google.com/android/answer/2819582?hl=en )

Given this limitation, how can I transfer as much as possible from my Pixel in terms of data/settings/etc.? I do know things like calendars, contacts, e-mails, and photos travel with my Google login. And, I know that Helium can backup and restore some app data. But, I liked the way my Nexus was setup and would like to bring over as much of that as possible in terms of settings, all app data, etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions that you have!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
TB needs root. Try Helium. If one or both phones aren't rooted, you'll be notified to download a Windows program (to a Windows computer, of course), run it, and connect the phone to it, so Helium gets permission to run. (The default is data only, but you can change it to data + app.)

adamnmurad

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
TB needs root. Try Helium. If one or both phones aren't rooted, you'll be notified to download a Windows program (to a Windows computer, of course), run it, and connect the phone to it, so Helium gets permission to run. (The default is data only, but you can change it to data + app.)

Thanks! It looks like that might do the trick for some app data, which is half the battle. And, I know a lot of stuff just syncs to Google. Do you have any pointers for the remaining stuff - I'm thinking wallpapers, settings, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz