I was on my phone and things kept lagging, and I was about to turn off my WiFi, when my phone restarted. Except, it was stuck on the Sprint screen for 5 minutes, randomly vibrating every once in a while, so I took out the battery and put it back. When it restarted, my lock screen photo turned back to the default picture, and my sound settings were all messed up (I had all the keyboard sounds and etc turned off) and my screen turned off after 30 sec of inactivity when I had it previously set to 30 minutes and it had auto-rotate on instead of portrait like I always have. The only other thing that seems to be different is it forgot some of my permissions, because it asked (when pulling up my texts) if messages can have access to photos contacts etc. when that was something I accepted when I got the phone.

Is there a reason this happened? Is something wrong?
    04-25-2019 12:56 PM
    It's called a software glitch and it can happen with any computer, from a wristwatch to a mainframe. If it keeps happening, you might want to back everything up (Backing up an Android Device) and reflash the firmware. But if it doesn't happen again, don't worry about it. As for why some things reset and some didn't, that's what a glitch is - something went wrong. And it went wrong in going wrong, because a reset would wipe all your pictures, music, installed apps, everything. All you lost were a few settings.

On another note, setting the screen for 30 minutes is wasting a lot of battery. The screen is probably the largest, or second largest, battery consumer in the phone. 30 seconds is normally enough. That doesn't turn the screen off 30 seconds after you turn it on, it turns it off 30 seconds after you last used it. If you want to extend it for things like ab eBook reader, or your web browser, IFTTT can be set up to change it when certain apps are in the foreground. (I use Tasker, but that costs [and can do a lot more].)
    04-25-2019 02:25 PM