Problem: Add custom ringtone -> no music files. I have transferred a .mp3 song from PC with an usb and I can see it but I can't select it as a ringtone, if I go to settings -> storage -> sounds there's no files but if I go through files -> sounds it's there. Also Google Play Music won't show any songs, I'm only seeing subscribe and learn more buttons. Tried all the simplest ways and nothing worked.
    04-27-2019 11:39 AM
    For your sound files to appear in the sound-picker dialogs, they need to be in the correct folders:
    /Alarms
    /Notifications
    /Ringtones
    (Note the capital letters.)

These folders work for both the internal storage and the SD card on my LG V30, but the standard recommendation is to use the internal storage.

Which phone?
    Which version of android?
    Which carrier?
    04-28-2019 04:05 AM
    And restart the phone after copying media files to it, or the phone won't know that they're there.
    04-28-2019 03:43 PM
    Update to my problem! Phone: Nokia 5.1 and android version 9. I have tried putting the music file into many different folders, and restarted the phone several times, but it doesn't work. Through the files app under the category there is -> downloads, pictures, videos and music. Underneath them there is internal storage and only in there I can find all songs I have transferred with a usb cabel. I can't transfer songs to music folder and on the computer I can't even find the music folder, only the internal storage's music folder. There isn't a .nomedia file either, help.
    04-29-2019 02:00 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What you're looking at in your Files app is not the actual directory -- it's just showing you a general conglomeration of those particular types of files. You need to choose the option to explore your phone storage, which should show a directory tree. Which file manager are you using? If you don't have it, try the Files by Google app, or Total Commander.
    05-02-2019 11:05 PM