When I turn on my LG 33l sunset, POP ups; Some are from newspapers I don't read, TV channels I don't use,, AAA, and others

Bombarded and cannot find find a way to delete them, they just disappear. Cannot find a way to turn them off in settings

Did google do an update that is causing this????

thanks for help
    04-27-2019 01:36 PM
    No update. This is definitely an app that's pushing ads. Check any apps you installed recently or have recently updated (some apps might have a toggle for that 'option' off but turn themselves on automatically upon update). And I suggest you read reviews on apps before instlaling, most of the time users do mention this kind of things.

Usual culprits are File Managers and Battery Savers/Process Killers. They might 'hide' behind a charge management option or something like that.
    kct1975 likes this.
    04-27-2019 01:41 PM
    No update. This is definitely an app that's pushing ads. Check any apps you installed recently or have recently updated (some apps might have a toggle for that 'option' off but turn themselves on automatically upon update). And I suggest you read reviews on apps before instlaling, most of the time users do mention this kind of things.

Usual culprits are File Managers and Battery Savers/Process Killers. They might 'hide' behind a charge management option or something like that.
    Nothing in my file manager except 1 music

I Never read any of the newspapers or watched TV stations

Battery shows what is running and none of those pop ups are there
    04-27-2019 02:14 PM
    Why would they? They're not single-apps and the content of the pop-up is irrelevant to your usage. It's ads. An app is pushing them. Might not show in your battery list if the app is using minimal battery in the background. Also, it doesn't matter which files you have in your Manager (again, it was an example of the TYPE of app that usually exhibits these ads). It's the APP. I'd start by looking into shady developers, Chinese ones (sorry but they're known for pushing ads) and apps with lower ratings.

You can confirm this by booting up your phone into Safe Mode (that way no 3rd party apps will load upon boot).

If you're getting these as notifications (not ad pop ups), then you might have subscribed to push notifications when visiting a site via Chrome (which you can easily disable from Chrome's Settings (notifications Section).

If they come as news alerts from your Google feed, they'd show as notifications with a Google Feed icon (every single one).
    04-27-2019 02:35 PM