Galaxy 9 w/ Pie. I'm looking for an app that will keep my phone from locking. I still want the screen to go dark, but I want it to come back to life without needing a PIN. A widget would be a bonus. I've tried several from the Play Store, but none of them work! Any recommendations?
    04-27-2019 06:45 PM
    Have you looked in Settings, Lock Screen, Lock Timer?
    04-28-2019 05:49 AM
    Having a Samsung smartlock would be an option. You can set it for location, device and maybe time but I know there are others. This would allow you to have it unlocked in some situations while not being totally vulnerable.
    04-28-2019 05:59 AM
    Android itself has SmartLock in Pie.
    04-28-2019 03:22 PM
    Galaxy 9 w/ Pie. I'm looking for an app that will keep my phone from locking. I still want the screen to go dark, but I want it to come back to life without needing a PIN. A widget would be a bonus. I've tried several from the Play Store, but none of them work! Any recommendations?
    Just use smart lock
    04-28-2019 04:07 PM
    Thanks to the people who replied, but "Smart Lock" won't do what I want. There are two situations where I'd like my phone to stay unlocked. First... Sometimes before I start on a car trip, I put my destination into Google maps. I know the first 90% of the directions, and I only want to start maps when I get close to where I'm going. In that situation, I'd like my phone not to lock, so I can easily start maps when I need it, while I'm driving. Second... I have an app that I use in my work, and I need to refer to it once every few minutes over an hour. I want my screen to go dark to save my battery, but I don't want to have to unlock the phone every time I need to look at the app. I know that in these occasional situations I could go into settings and turn off locking completely, but it would be much easier with an app, especially if it included a widget. The app "No Lock" by BoD sounds perfect, except that it doesn't work.
    04-29-2019 12:26 PM
    Thanks to the people who replied, but "Smart Lock" won't do what I want. There are two situations where I'd like my phone to stay unlocked. First... Sometimes before I start on a car trip, I put my destination into Google maps. I know the first 90% of the directions, and I only want to start maps when I get close to where I'm going. In that situation, I'd like my phone not to lock, so I can easily start maps when I need it, while I'm driving. Second... I have an app that I use in my work, and I need to refer to it once every few minutes over an hour. I want my screen to go dark to save my battery, but I don't want to have to unlock the phone every time I need to look at the app. I know that in these occasional situations I could go into settings and turn off locking completely, but it would be much easier with an app, especially if it included a widget. The app "No Lock" by BoD sounds perfect, except that it doesn't work.
    Why wouldn't smart Lock be perfect for both of these situations? You don't have a Bluetooth device in your car? Family Dollar and Big Lots both have a Bluetooth aux device that will plug into a 3.5 mm headphone jack for about $10 if not. Once connected smart Lock will ask if you want the device to be unlocked when connected to this device. It's then always unlocked and you can sleep or wake the phone whenever you want and not have to unlock it at all. Then at work you don't have WiFi? You can set smart Lock to be unlocked when at that location or when connected to that WiFi. With the latter option you can easily control when your locked and not just by turning on WiFi or turning it off. So I'm really not seeing how this isn't the easiest and safest solution vs trying to find a trustworthy app to control your phone being locked or unlocked. Once set you really need do nothing because it instantly unlocks when connected to devices that you deem safe.
    11B1P likes this.
    04-29-2019 03:10 PM
    ^ yep, I thought some of the same things
    04-29-2019 08:25 PM
    My situation. Have a company issued droid. The phone auto locks after 5 minutes of inactivity. The setting to override is itself overridden by company policy. Looking for an app similar to mouse jiggler for Windows. Thanks.
    11-29-2019 12:55 PM
    My situation. Have a company issued droid. The phone auto locks after 5 minutes of inactivity. The setting to override is itself overridden by company policy. Looking for an app similar to mouse jiggler for Windows. Thanks.
    I suggest you have a chat with your company IT team about your plans. The forced screen lock is there for a reason, and when you registered your device with their system you agreed to allow those policies to be forced on the device. The IT policy may have information in it regarding overriding security features and what the company can impose on you if you do.
    11-29-2019 02:11 PM
    Like grounds for instant discharge. (We did that - if you wanted a phone you could play with, you bought one. The company phone was for company business, done the company way. I just said "no thanks:" Then, if I got a call from the company on my private phone at a time that was inconvenient to me, I sent it to voicemail and ignored it. I had working hours - speak to me then.)
    11-29-2019 02:52 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You could see if an app like Stay Alive! works on the phone, but it might not be allowed by the security policy.
    11-29-2019 05:04 PM