I don't if anyone has had this similar issue but it's driving me nuts. I have a OnePlus 6T and I have the Google Photos app. It's really handy and everything but during the first few months of having the phone I noticed that random picture files were being downloaded into my drive without my permission. These photos turned into Device Files. When I looked at them some looked like filters/lenses or photos used for games. Then just recently, Line decided to download 30+ albums of filters/lenses into my drive without my permission! Google Photos doesn't even ask me if Line can download these files it just sort of does it! I could be super nit picky but wouldn't you be if an app was downloading something without your consent? Anyways, is there some kind of setting I need to adjust so it makes apps incapable of doing this? Even though you would think that this shouldn't be a problem since consumers don't plan to have random crap downloaded into their personal drives w/o their knowledge.
    04-28-2019 01:54 PM
    The apps doing that were improperly designed - the folders in which they store their pictures don't have .nomedia files in them (which would prevent the pictures from being uploaded [or seen, except by the app]). Email the developers.
    04-28-2019 04:05 PM