How can i tell if my phone is being hacked

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone has all the signs of being hacked, hot, battery use, backround echo, a couple days ago, my phone updated, without prompting, now my set up is different. The person i believe doing it, has the capabilities, and has threatened, and only his texts now come in a different color than any other contact. Please help..

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My phone has all the signs of being hacked, hot, battery use, backround echo, a couple days ago, my phone updated, without prompting, now my set up is different. The person i believe doing it, has the capabilities, and has threatened, and only his texts now come in a different color than any other contact. Please help..

Those are not signs of being hacked.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
For showing all sorts of things other than hacking. Many of the things in the article are signs of viruses and other malware.[/QUOTE @Rukbat, it is true the article is not technical, but though your statement is true, the OP does have some indicators that cross into being cloned, or in this case he probably has hidden his remote access point in her device. That combined with her valid concern she states, I'd go with being on the safe side and get the sim, imo.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Lots of things make a phone run hot and battery to drain, like a misbehaving app, or poor cell signal, or some bit of wonky data stuck in the system cache that might improve if you wipe the cache partition. Background echo is a common issue that can be due to your network, or problems with the phone's noise-canceling mic (which is sometimes due to a poorly designed case). If a system update is available for a phone, sometimes you're forced to update (depending on the phone), especially if you've already declined the update a few times. After a major system update (like the recent Pie/OneUI update on Samsung phones), the layout can look quite different. So no, I highly doubt you're being hacked.

If there's a person who's threatening you with either physical or psychological harm, notify the authorities.