I can use my fingerprint to unlock the phone itself, but trying to use it to log in to other apps such as Samsung Pay has suddenly stopped working. Keeps giving the error message "Fingerprint operation cancelled" then goes straight to asking me for my PIN/password instead. Happened across multiple apps.

My phone is a Galaxy S9.

Have tried
    - restarting
    - Safe Mode
    - uninstalling and reinstalling the apps
    - clearing all security credentials
    - unauthorizing and reauthorizing the apps to use fingerprints (this brings me to a fingerprint registration screen in the app... then I get the same message again and get booted back to using my PIN again)

This is getting beyond frustrating. I don't really have time for anything as drastic as
    a full factory reset or even going to a service centre at the moment. Any suggestions?
    04-28-2019 10:06 PM
    I can use my fingerprint to unlock the phone itself, but trying to use it to log in to other apps such as Samsung Pay has suddenly stopped working. Keeps giving the error message "Fingerprint operation cancelled" then goes straight to asking me for my PIN/password instead. Happened across multiple apps.

My phone is a Galaxy S9.

Have tried
    - restarting
    - Safe Mode
    - uninstalling and reinstalling the apps
    - clearing all security credentials
    - unauthorizing and reauthorizing the apps to use fingerprints (this brings me to a fingerprint registration screen in the app... then I get the same message again and get booted back to using my PIN again)

This is getting beyond frustrating. I don't really have time for anything as drastic as
    a full factory reset or even going to a service centre at the moment. Any suggestions?
    I think you might have a problem with the fingerprint sensor and need to call Samsung for repair.
    04-28-2019 10:13 PM