how do i erase android version and reinstall new android version that is dedicated encryption

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i bought a fake iPhone x and it has an unknown adroid version on it i want to erase this version and install an encryption based verion if there is any does anybody know any way that i can do this and can i please get the links to the software download sennt to me

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You can't. Android has to be built exactly for the device model. Fake models like that don't get Android built for them apart from what came out of the box. You're stuck with what you have now.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone probably can be erased to blank (except for the bootloader - once you blank that out, you have a paperweight unless you have the hardware built specifically to program that specific phone). But, as chanchan said, the HAL (the hardware abstraction layer) has to be written for the specific hardware. AOSP (generic open source Android) is available for download but unless you have at least a full schematic (including the internals of any ASICs) of the phone, it won't do you any good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star