Is a Samsung Galaxy Note the only line of phones with a built-in stylus?

Or are there others?
    04-29-2019 06:34 PM
    Is a Samsung Galaxy Note the only line of phones with a built-in stylus?

Or are there others?
    LG Stylo but no where near what the Note series can do.
    tube517 and nuraman00 like this.
    04-29-2019 06:44 PM
    The LG stylo basically just uses a normal capacitive stylus, somewhat like what you buy for $1 on Amazon (of course with a better quality tip though), and is optimized to use a smaller tip.
    The Note is using WACOM technology, similar to drawing tablets/desks that professional artists and studios use (Samsung owns shares with WACOM) so nothing in the realm of phones can touch it, except Apple with an Apple Pencil since AFAIK they're paying WACOM for tech. But it's not built in.
    If you find Notes too expensive but want a relatively smaller device than a full sized tablet, maybe you can get a Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019. There's a built in S Pen like the Note, and it sells for $300. You have to get it shipped to you from say, the Philippines tough, because so far it's only available in SEA.
    04-29-2019 07:06 PM
    The LG stylo basically just uses a normal capacitive stylus, somewhat like what you buy for $1 on Amazon (of course with a better quality tip though), and is optimized to use a smaller tip.
    The Note is using WACOM technology, similar to drawing tablets/desks that professional artists and studios use (Samsung owns shares with WACOM) so nothing in the realm of phones can touch it, except Apple with an Apple Pencil since AFAIK they're paying WACOM for tech. But it's not built in.
    If you find Notes too expensive but want a relatively smaller device than a full sized tablet, maybe you can get a Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019. There's a built in S Pen like the Note, and it sells for $300. You have to get it shipped to you from say, the Philippines tough, because so far it's only available in SEA.
    That's why the Note is a Note different league
    People say only difference is just the spen , "Wrong" no phone has the built in functionality of that Spen , how it writes like a pen or responds with touches,Nothing even comes close and that alone puts it ahead of any phone by long shot .
    04-29-2019 07:14 PM
    Thanks.

I currently have a Note 4. Was wondering if there was anything else comparable to it, for the next time I get a newer phone.

What would you say are some things the Note series does better than the Stylo series?

I think the durability and resolution of the screen is one thing. But would like to hear what some of the other things are.
    05-10-2019 11:21 AM
    Thanks.

I currently have a Note 4. Was wondering if there was anything else comparable to it, for the next time I get a newer phone.

What would you say are some things the Note series does better than the Stylo series?

I think the durability and resolution of the screen is one thing. But would like to hear what some of the other things are.
    The Stylo is a budget series, the Notes are flagships. Performance of the Notes are way beyond what the Stylo can do. For example Note 9 uses a Snapdragon 845, which is 5x faster and more powerful than the Snapdragon 450 the latest LG Stylo 4 uses.
    Heck the Snapdragon 805 on your Note 4 is up to 30% more powerful than the 450 on the Stylo 4, LG's newest Stylo.
    The S Pen is also more accurate and gives you palm rejection. The stylus in the Stylo 4 is just one of those cheap 2 buck stylus stuff you can buy off Amazon, just designed to fit in the phone.
    Everything about the newest LG Stylo 4 is a downgrade on your Note 4 except for the OS version.
    Basically the Notes are the only series of phones to consider if you want a stylus and is coming from another phone.
    05-10-2019 07:15 PM
    The Stylo is a budget series, the Notes are flagships. Performance of the Notes are way beyond what the Stylo can do. For example Note 9 uses a Snapdragon 845, which is 5x faster and more powerful than the Snapdragon 450 the latest LG Stylo 4 uses.
    Heck the Snapdragon 805 on your Note 4 is up to 30% more powerful than the 450 on the Stylo 4, LG's newest Stylo.
    The S Pen is also more accurate and gives you palm rejection. The stylus in the Stylo 4 is just one of those cheap 2 buck stylus stuff you can buy off Amazon, just designed to fit in the phone.
    Everything about the newest LG Stylo 4 is a downgrade on your Note 4 except for the OS version.
    Basically the Notes are the only series of phones to consider if you want a stylus and is coming from another phone.
    Thanks. That is funny that a processor on a Note 4 is more powerful than a modern LG Stylus phone.

One other question.

I think I've been getting less reception than other people on the same network, at the same locations, the past 5 weeks or so.

Is the antenna on a Note 9 improved in any way? It could be that my antenna is wearing down. But if/when I get a new phone, if I know the antenna is better, I might get it sooner.
    05-11-2019 08:15 PM
    Thanks. That is funny that a processor on a Note 4 is more powerful than a modern LG Stylus phone.

One other question.

I think I've been getting less reception than other people on the same network, at the same locations, the past 5 weeks or so.

Is the antenna on a Note 9 improved in any way? It could be that my antenna is wearing down. But if/when I get a new phone, if I know the antenna is better, I might get it sooner.
    The raw power of the processor on the Note4 is better than the Stylo, however newer chipsets also have better antenna. The Note 4 had Cat4 LTE, the Stylo 4 has Cat6 (2x faster than 4). In contrast, The Note 9 has Cat18, which is 4x faster than the Cat6 on the Stylo.

It could be your antenna is wearing down, but it could also be the towers have been updated in hardware and backwards compatibility wasn't a priority.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-11-2019 10:54 PM
    The raw power of the processor on the Note4 is better than the Stylo, however newer chipsets also have better antenna. The Note 4 had Cat4 LTE, the Stylo 4 has Cat6 (2x faster than 4). In contrast, The Note 9 has Cat18, which is 4x faster than the Cat6 on the Stylo.

It could be your antenna is wearing down, but it could also be the towers have been updated in hardware and backwards compatibility wasn't a priority.
    Thanks for that info.

It also seems like my 3G Pantech Renue phone gets more reception.

I've only tried both at home (putting the sim card in from the Samsung to the Pantech), but it seemed to get 1 more bar (out of 5, just like the Galaxy Note) than the Samsung.
    05-17-2019 09:42 PM