I have an old Huawei g7 phone and it's been working perfectly for so many years. Recent I MoUnted an SD card and transferred some old photos and files because my internal storage was at 0. I'm not sure if android makes space and deletes files automatically if there is no more storage. Anyways all my photos right nowboth on SD and internal are visible in gallery. But recently I wanted to find older pictures from last year in my Downloads folder but they're all of the sudden gone. While I was accessing the folder I was scrolling down the gallery and noticed some of the pictures thumbnails were blank and taking longer than usual to load. So I restarted myphone and now I can't seem to find certain specific pictures anymore. I tried looking in the files folder in both SD and internal sections and they're not there. I also searched for .nomedia folder but there's only a few .nomedia files that date back farther than the pictures I'm looking for so I know theyre not the ones I'm looking for. What should I do to recover these magically disappeared photos???
    04-30-2019 02:45 AM
    1. Look in Google Photos. The default is to back them up to there. If they're backed up, you can always download them. (Downloads go to the internal Downloads folder, so make sure you have space.)

2. Some phones periodically clean out the Downloads folder.
    04-30-2019 01:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I agree with Rukbat -- many phones have device maintenance apps or features that may include clearing out the Downloads directory. As a rule, don't rely on the /Download directory as a place to keep important information for the long term -- copy those files to some other established user directory.
    05-01-2019 03:00 PM