How to assign separate notification sounds Samsung Galaxy S10 + plus

martymca

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
My Note 4 had this capability. I had a different notification sound for each of about 40 different friends and 15 different coworkers. Is there ANY contacts app for the S10+ that will allow me to do this again? I know Verizon's messaging app won't work with this feature, but there are others that will. Help!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Verizon's messaging app allows custom notifications. So does the Samsung, and Google messaging. In the Samsung app after you go into a specific contact you turn on custom notifications for that contact from the Three Dot Menu. In the Verizon app you go to the Three Dot Menu for the contact and Enter Customize Menu. For the Google app you going to the Three Dot Menu and Enter the Details Menu.

Last edited:

martymca

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you SO much for this. Why Google felt it necessary to move this function from the contacts app to a messaging app I do not understand. Seems I will need to start a message to each of my contacts in order to attach the individual tones, but any port in a storm. I will pass your method along to a friend whose intruder alerts from his store's security system arrive by text. He jumps whenever he gets a text because ALL of his texts have the same sound. We had no idea we had to go through the messaging app now. We'd always gone through Contacts. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles