How do I put my Facebook icon back on my homepage

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

How do I put my Facebook icon back on my home screen

A

Android Central Question

I cannot find facebook icon in apps when trying to put it back onto homescreen. What can I do?

I lost my facebook icon. It is not listed on apps list.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Find it in your app drawer. Long-press it (about 1 second) then start dragging it and you'l see your home screen. Drop it there. (It creates a shortcut on the home screen.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I cannot find facebook icon in apps when trying to put it back onto homescreen. What can I do?

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Are you sure the actual Facebook app was installed, or were you using the mobile Facebook website? It's possible to create a homescreen shortcut icon for a mobile site, so perhaps you did that and forgot?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
First I'm going to assume that you mean that you can't find it in your app drawer, and not you can't find it in Settings under apps. If it is missing from the list of apps in your settings you will have to reinstall it from the Play store. I found on my S10 that if an app is in a folder it will not also be shown in the drawer for some apps and Facebook is one of them. You should have a search bar at the top of your app drawer, click in it and type Facebook if the app is installed on your device it will show there. For me if I touch and hold the app I have the options to open it or locate it. If you use the locate option then you should be able to move it around just like before and add it back to your home screen.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463