I paid $700 for my phone and whenever there is an update I am forced to accept it. Who gives anyone that right. They take things off your phone that you like and put on whatever they want. This is my phone not theirs my frequently called contacts are gone along with many other things I used to enjoy on this phone
    05-04-2019 07:47 AM
    The contract you sign with your carriers specifically states that the software in your phone is still their property and they can modify it without prior warnings.
    So yes the phone is yours, but the software on it is still theirs.
    05-04-2019 08:41 AM
    The contract you sign with your carriers specifically states that the software in your phone is still their property and they can modify it without prior warnings.
    So yes the phone is yours, but the software on it is still theirs.
    I don't have an issue with forced updates, but how does that technically apply to carrier unlocked models? I guess you agree to updates while on their system as opposed to them actually owning the software.
    05-04-2019 09:15 AM
    I don't have an issue with forced updates, but how does that technically apply to carrier unlocked models? I guess you agree to updates while on their system as opposed to them actually owning the software.
    Unlocked works differently in the US as opposed to other countries so I wouldn't know.
    05-04-2019 09:19 AM
    If you insist on not getting updates (which is part of the warranty - the phone must be on the latest update to maintain the warranty), just root it. Even if you don't disable (or uninstall) the update software, updates will fail without being installed. But, aside from a few manufacturers, that voids the warranty (as does not having the latest update installed).
    05-04-2019 01:00 PM