Hi. I've been having a terrible problem with receiving notifications of received voicemails with my Moto G6 ever since I purchased it a few months ago. I'm able to dial in and receive the voicemails themselves, but am not notified of them without dialing in. Two questions about this:

1. Is it really not possible to receive voicemail notifications WITHOUT any kind of "Visual Voicemail" app? It was obviously possible to receive such notifications back when flip phones were the norm (which didn't really have "apps" as I understand it), so I would think it should be possible now.

2. If it is really NOT possible, and I DO need a Visual Voicemail app, I really do not like the one offered by my carrier (Sprint), so does anyone know of a third-party app which would just notify me of received voicemails but allow me to keep my actual Sprint voicemail service in tact? Basically, I just want to be NOTIFIED of voicemails when I receive them, but still use my Sprint greeting and settings, etc. I hope that makes sense. So, again, does anyone know of any such app?

Thank you!
    05-05-2019 04:02 PM
    Go to Settings>Apps, select Phone, then Notifications, and confirm that Voicemails is checked on.

Also, in the Phone app, tap Menu>Settings>Call Settings>Voicemail, and make sure the correct voicemail call-in number is entered there.
    05-05-2019 04:08 PM
    Hi. Unfortunately ALL of the easy answers like that have been tried. Sprint absolutely INSISTS that without an app of some kind (even if not necessarily theirs), it's impossible to get notified of voicemail. I don't necessarily believe that but, again, it's what they insist is true. Therefore, I'm resigned to the fact that I have to get a Visual Voicemail app, but I want it to be the least invasive one possible. So, again, if anyone knows of an app that will NOTIFY me of received voicemails but allow me to keep using my actual Sprint voicemail, that would be great. Thanks again.
    05-05-2019 04:24 PM
    Wow, pretty ridiculous on Sprint's part.
    05-05-2019 04:27 PM
    No argument there! But, as they say, it is what it is, so now my job is to essentially minimize the damage. Any ideas?
    05-05-2019 04:34 PM