Camera failing on Galaxy S7 Edge

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The camera is a black screen before popping up with a failure message. Cleared caches, cache partition, safe mode, factory reset, all same problem. I removed my sim card and put it back in, and the camera worked for maybe 10 minutes before going back to the same issue. After the factory reset, the camera worked on snapchat only before only showing a black screen a few minutes later.

Not sure what to do here.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The camera is a black screen before popping up with a failure message. Cleared caches, cache partition, safe mode, factory reset, all same problem. I removed my sim card and put it back in, and the camera worked for maybe 10 minutes before going back to the same issue. After the factory reset, the camera worked on snapchat only before only showing a black screen a few minutes later.

Not sure what to do here.
Did you install another ported camera app?
If not download camera app from play store see if still problem.

mcdirtnasty

May 6, 2019
Visit site
Hey, I'm OP.

I downloaded and open source camera app and the front cameras works, but when I switch to the back camera the screen freezes before a "serious camera error" alert popped up. I was using the front camera briefly after my sim card was put back in, so I don't think it's physically damaged or anything.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey, I'm OP.

I downloaded and open source camera app and the front cameras works, but when I switch to the back camera the screen freezes before a "serious camera error" alert popped up. I was using the front camera briefly after my sim card was put back in, so I don't think it's physically damaged or anything.
Hi, I would delete that open source camera app as might be causing the conflict your having.

mcdirtnasty

May 6, 2019
Visit site
I want to see if we on correct page , your stock cam5 app is crashing? You download a open source camera ,

I downloaded the other camera app based on your suggestion. With the way it's been coming in and out with no change is quality it makes me think its not a hardware issue. But yes, I deleted the other camera app and the stock camera app is still crashing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I downloaded the other camera app based on your suggestion. With the way it's been coming in and out with no change is quality it makes me think its not a hardware issue. But yes, I deleted the other camera app and the stock camera app is still crashing.
Yeah something going on with stock camera app, the one you download didn't crash?