The camera is a black screen before popping up with a failure message. Cleared caches, cache partition, safe mode, factory reset, all same problem. I removed my sim card and put it back in, and the camera worked for maybe 10 minutes before going back to the same issue. After the factory reset, the camera worked on snapchat only before only showing a black screen a few minutes later.

Not sure what to do here.
    05-06-2019 12:15 AM
    The camera is a black screen before popping up with a failure message. Cleared caches, cache partition, safe mode, factory reset, all same problem. I removed my sim card and put it back in, and the camera worked for maybe 10 minutes before going back to the same issue. After the factory reset, the camera worked on snapchat only before only showing a black screen a few minutes later.

Not sure what to do here.
    Did you install another ported camera app?
    If not download camera app from play store see if still problem.
    05-06-2019 12:45 AM
    Hey, I'm OP.

I downloaded and open source camera app and the front cameras works, but when I switch to the back camera the screen freezes before a "serious camera error" alert popped up. I was using the front camera briefly after my sim card was put back in, so I don't think it's physically damaged or anything.
    05-06-2019 12:55 AM
    Hey, I'm OP.

I downloaded and open source camera app and the front cameras works, but when I switch to the back camera the screen freezes before a "serious camera error" alert popped up. I was using the front camera briefly after my sim card was put back in, so I don't think it's physically damaged or anything.
    Hi, I would delete that open source camera app as might be causing the conflict your having.
    05-06-2019 01:01 AM
    Hi, I would delete that open source camera app as might be causing the conflict your having.
    It seems like only my front facing camera is working now. However, the camera app still crashes upon opening. Is there anything I can do aside from having someone take it apart?
    05-06-2019 01:05 AM
    It seems like only my front facing camera is working now. However, the camera app still crashes upon opening. Is there anything I can do aside from having someone take it apart?
    I want to see if we on correct page , your stock cam5 app is crashing? You download a open source camera ,
    05-06-2019 01:06 AM
    I want to see if we on correct page , your stock cam5 app is crashing? You download a open source camera ,
    I downloaded the other camera app based on your suggestion. With the way it's been coming in and out with no change is quality it makes me think its not a hardware issue. But yes, I deleted the other camera app and the stock camera app is still crashing.
    05-06-2019 01:09 AM
    I downloaded the other camera app based on your suggestion. With the way it's been coming in and out with no change is quality it makes me think its not a hardware issue. But yes, I deleted the other camera app and the stock camera app is still crashing.
    Yeah something going on with stock camera app, the one you download didn't crash?
    05-06-2019 01:26 AM
    Yeah something going on with stock camera app, the one you download didn't crash?
    The front camera worked with it, but when I went to switch cameras it froze and came up with a similar error message.
    05-06-2019 01:27 AM
    The front camera worked with it, but when I went to switch cameras it froze and came up with a similar error message.
    Then sounds like hardware problem , you probably going need send in for repair.
    05-06-2019 01:28 AM
    Put the phone in Safe Mode to verify.
    05-06-2019 02:04 AM
    Put the phone in Safe Mode to verify.
    He did and a factory reset.
    05-06-2019 08:47 AM
    He did and a factory reset.
    Maybe he also did restore. Before replacing, place it in Safe Mode and verify.
    05-06-2019 08:50 AM
    Maybe he also did restore. Before replacing, place it in Safe Mode and verify.
    Could try again wouldn't hurt , I was thinking more they download a ported camera app but said no.
    05-06-2019 08:52 AM