So, I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and my storage is being taken up by something and i have no idea how to clear it. I've moved everyhting to an SD card leaving only about 500MB of documents on my phone, deleted everything in my trash, cleared all my cache, but in the storage analysis it still says 63gb is being used next to the "other" files. I tried to access the *#9900# delete dumpstate/logcat, but when i typed it in to the dialer, nothing popped up. I watched videos on the process, and the screen seemed to just pop up, but that didn't happen on my phone. I am seriously gettng frustrated. Is there another way to access the delete dumpstate/logcat besides through the dialer? Also, I'm using the latest version of the Android OS. Someone please help.
    05-06-2019 10:49 AM
    So, I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and my storage is being taken up by something and i have no idea how to clear it. I've moved everyhting to an SD card leaving only about 500MB of documents on my phone
    Documents are the sort of files you should move to the SD card.

deleted everything in my trash
    There's no "trash" in Android.

I tried to access the *#9900# delete dumpstate/logcat, but when i typed it in to the dialer, nothing popped up.
    It won't. You have to look for the logcat dump file it created.

I watched videos on the process, and the screen seemed to just pop up, but that didn't happen on my phone.
    Have you installed logcat?

Is there another way to access the delete dumpstate/logcat besides through the dialer?
    Yes, by running logcat.

Also, install a terminal app, run it and enter the

df

command. The last line is normally the userdata partition (or emulated/0). That's how much space you have to store things on internally, regardless of the advertised space in the phone.
    05-06-2019 01:00 PM