Lost images after moving an album from Galaxy S8 to SD Card

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi all,

I hope there is someone that can help me with this issue. Today I tried to transfer some images from my phone to my Macbook, Android File transfer didn't work so I tried to move the album to my sd card, with the intention to then move the folder from the SD card to my MacBook, but I've lost all the pictures.

This is what I have done:

1: create an album in de Samsung Gallery application with the photos (move to album)
2: I used the Android application 'My Files' to transfer the album from the DCIM folder to my SD card. I created a new folder and clicked on 'move'.
3: Then there appeared a progress bar and everything was moved, regarding the transfer popup.

Then I checked the SD card. but the folder where I moved the pictures was gone, and now I can't see the folder anymore that contains the album with the pictures.

I already tried several recovery programs but they weren't able to find my pictures.

Is there anyone that can help me with this issue?

Thank you!!

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, when files are being transferred from one "drive" to another, like internal storage to SD card, sometimes things go wrong in Android. Even worse, if it is a MOVE command that failed, often times the source and destination files are lost forever.

Unfortunately, the only way to safeguard against this is to use a COPY command instead of a MOVE command so that the source files are not lost if the operation fails.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try PhotoRec on the card (in a PC or laptop). If the files are there, it will recover them. (If it doesn't, either the files were overwritten by later copying to the card or they never made it to the card.)

Internally? You'd have to hire a data recovery company, and that starts at more than any cellphone costs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney