Dropped huawei p20 lite in water

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Dropped my phone into the toilet, tried to dry it off with toilet paper and then turned it off. Turned it back on again a whole later and it was working fine but then the screen stopped responding. Seems to be working, I just can't use the screen. Put it in rice overnight but because the screen isn't working I couldn't turn it off as you can only restart it by holding down the power button. Removed the SD card but didn't want to try and remove the battery. Is it completely broken or can it be repaired?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Without hands on looking at the device we really couldn't say if it is fixable or not. Why wouldn't you want to remove the battery if you could? Anyway, if there is a way to turn it off, battery pull or anything else you can think of that would be best because it is the flow of electricity that causes the damage, which may or may not have already been done. Extend the rice treatment, if water really got into it overnight is not enough anyway, and check it after 48 hours. There is always a chance that something simple is being short circuited that really isn't doing anything but stopping you from using your phone. It may have shifted when you were using it and now the screen is just unresponsive because it thinks its getting another input someplace else. Anyway, if the rice doesn't help you will likely need to take it in for an inspection.