Phone calls by its self

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

After one of the updates, my Galaxy Note 9 will automatically call the last person I texted if I finish text and turn off screen. If I close the app, all is good. If I just hit the power button, the screen goes dark but then the phone makes the call. It used to not do this. How to fix? Friends get annoyed with me saying oops all of the time.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. This is a difficult question it would help if we could have a two way conversation about this so please consider becoming a member so that you can reply in this thread. Becoming a member is free and only takes a few minutes to set up.

Without knowing what app you're using and maybe some other little thing you may be leaving out, the first two things that come to mind would be;

Try uninstalling the app. You won't loose any messages or anything, those are all stored basically in the native app on your phone. Then reinstall the app. There may have been a hic cup with the update that either the app didn't like or that update didn't like about the app. A fresh install should take care of anything like that. If you are using the native app you can uninstall the updates to that app and then allow the updates to happen again.

The other thing is to clear the cache for the app, but I prefer the clean slate approach of uninstall/install.

I will assume that you are not putting the device in your pocket and that you are not accidentally touching the edge or something when hitting the power button, but make sure you have accidental touch enabled, or that it didn't get turned off with the update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis