My pictures and data are not saved. Can I pull the SD card out and transfer to computer ,or will it corrupt my computer since my phone says "device memory damaged"
    05-12-2019 06:23 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? "Device Memory" refers to the phone's internal storage, not the SD card, so it's possible the phone itself is faulty.

If you did save your pictures and any other data on the SD card, you could try transferring them to your PC. It wouldn't corrupt your computer unless it was some kind of virus (which, as long as you weren't installing shady apps or tapping indiscriminately on browser popup ads, is unlikely).
    05-13-2019 11:10 AM
    It's also possible this is from a shady app trying to get you to buy some software repair and there is actually no issue with your device (aside from the shady app)....
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-13-2019 11:42 AM
    Good point. A screenshot would help figure that out pretty quickly, since fake error messages are pretty easy to spot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register on this forum first. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    05-13-2019 05:54 PM